Monday 2 March 2015




Welcome to the Gold Coast- Surfers Paradise we have arrived. 

The Beach 




This is just a given! At the Gold Coast if you don't go to the beach you must be crazy! Although, after the state my body was in after my surfing lesson I didn't even go near the water. However due to the upcoming cyclone, beach patrols were not allowing anyone to enter the water.

Sand Sculptures 




We were told about this mini exhibition from the lady who ran our hostel. This was a free and sand sculpting event competition. The theme this year had been Disney characters and some of the sculptures produced were just something else! They put my sandcastles to shame! They are only presented on the beach front till the end of February so if you are in the area-check it out! 

Nightlife 

Although there isn't much to choose from there are a few bars and clubs dotted round although the more popular ones will charge you to get in!

Unfortunately we only got good weather for one of the days we were there do could not experience the beauty of Surfers for what it was. However I definitely enjoyed my time here! There is a market held every Saturday and Wednesday at 5 near the beach, we couldn't go because it was called off due to weather but I have only heard good things about it if you are in the area. 




Imogen xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment